Friday, October 06, 2006

My Interview With Curtis

Awhile back, I interviewed Curtis Sittenfeld, author of Prep (a book that I urge everyone to read, EVERYONE) and The Man of My Dreams, which I also loved. It was a work thing, and I enjoyed it immensely, but I was so freaking nervous that I think I sound like a complete moron. Anyway, the interview is now up in its quasi-podcast form here. It's in the Audio & Video channel, down towards bottom, underneath Robert J. Wiersma and just above Alice Munro.

It's a membership-only site, so you'll have to register, and if you're not down with that, I completely understand. But I can't bring myself to listen to it (I'm terrified it's bloody terrible), so if anyone else can get through it, please let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I really enjoyed that, particuarly your questions about MFA programs. Your readership thanks you for the referral.

Kailana said...

Yeah, these books sound interesting, but are not something I would normally even consider!

Anonymous said...

Fear not - you did a great job. The sort of conversation I could sit and listen to for hours...

(Though yes, it's quite disconcerting hearing yourself in that context, I agree.)

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...