Thursday, July 19, 2007

Oprah Schmoprah

I have to admit that I was quite sad when my online book club decided to evolve. I had really enjoyed the discussions I had with the group about the few books I was able to read (I joined late), and found them to be smart, wordy in all the right ways, and a fabulous bunch of readers. Having been stung by the whole book club concept in a previous life, I was quite happy to find a group of people who actually talked about the books, and we even had some author participation for a number of titles, which is always a thrill.

Annnnnywaaay. The group has evolved now into something pretty special: Oprah Schmoprah, the blog. And I just wrote my first post. Hopefully, many more are to come.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Did you know that we've a mutual friend or two through your book club? How small the world. And I loved your book review-- I think I would like to check that one out.

Deanna McFadden said...

Especially the literary world! I'm excited to have now more than one place to spout off about books.

Kimberly said...

You're going to have to let me in on your secret to frequent (and articulate) blogging. I'm very impressed!

Deanna McFadden said...

Oh, no secrets. Perhaps it's because I'm a chatterbox?

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...