Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Super-Fancy Disease Doctor Redux IV

I might need to think up a new title...

Annnywaaay. The anemia has cleared up, which means they've sort of found my blood (yay!). I'm also cleared to go back to work on Monday (which is good because I'm getting a bit bored of being by myself so much). However, the disease situation remains the same. The fatigue, the achy joints, the kidney involvement, the sinus infection, it's all unchanged. In fact, it's pretty much the same as I was feeling six, eight months ago. The only difference being they're still not sure how to treat me. So, we go around the bend again, more tests, and I see him in a month. That's when I guess they'll decide which super-fancy drug to put me on to battle the Wegener's.

Until then, I've got to go for a bone density test and an MRI because my other hip, not the tragic one, has been hurting and they're worried about avascular necrosis. Now wouldn't that be a fun complication? My body just seems to be rejecting the drugs at every single turn.

Oh, and he's given me three weeks worth of antibiotics to take, which should be fun...but maybe, at least maybe, it'll clear up my stupid sinus headaches. It's a never-ending cycle it seems. The more confused they are about me, the more confused I am about knowing what's going on...

1 comment:

Gallis said...

GOOD LORD. Brutal dude.

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...