Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Building Green

Building Green (link via Grist), a new show on environmentally friendly renovation, is coming to PBS this summer. I hope we get it on our Buffalo station. It looks fascinating. But seeing the amount of garbage we've already created from renovating (three separate visits from the bin guy; more than one bin per drop), I doubt whether there's a possibility of being anything other than environmental terrorists when it comes to gutting and renovating a house.

I guess, the idea is to get it back in 'green dollars.' To use your money towards better products on the renovation proper, conserve energy and do your best to make up for all the crap you've sent to the landfill.

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...