Friday, March 03, 2006

If The Blood Goes Missing...

Shockingly, both work and the super-fancy disease doctor agree that it's best to let you stay home and try to find it. So that's where I'll be: on my couch getting even fatter from the damn prednisone and resting until my blood counts normalize over the next couple of weeks. Apparently, no one wants a bloodless Ragdoll around.

The hardest thing to get over though, is the feeling of defeat when it comes to the disease. I feel like I'm letting it win, and it kind of has, I mean I can't even get up a flight of stairs without feeling so tired I want to pass out.

But the biggest lesson from all this? I've got to learn how to relax. Stress causes the disease, at least, that's what I think, and I've spent my whole life either putting myself through stress or trying to figure out how not to deal with it by barreling through so I don't look weak.

Do you think I can find the answer in the next two weeks? Anyone?

No comments:

My Boy is Ten

My friend Heather took this photo a couple of weekends ago. We went for a walk in the woods. It was a bit cold at first, neither my boy nor ...